Friday, August 2, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten


First Day of Kindergarten
Stony Creek Elementary
August 1, 2013


Boy, have we been excited about Alice's first day of Kindergarten.  She wanted to get her hair trimmed for her first day so we scheduled a visit to Jacque's the day before.  


She's been talking about Kindergarten, riding the bus, meeting new friends, riding the bus, going to school all day,/5 days a week riding the bus (did I mention riding the bus!?)  

 She woke up early ready to go.  So excited for her first day -- almost uncontrollably excited!
Mommy, Daddy, Audrey, and Grammy were able to take her to the bus stop.  


It was a relief to see her confidence, not shy or scared about getting on the bus by herself or finding her teacher at her new school.  I knew she would be OK and her day would live up to her expectations.  Made things a little easier on this emotional, pregnant mom.   


I am so proud of her.  Her enthusiasm, her ability to make new friends, her beautiful smile, and just her overall love for life.  I wish I could bottle it up -- for now I'll settle for this blog as her reminder when she's dreading entering 8th grade.  

Here she ready on the morning of her big day- BEYOND excited to head to school!  

She hopped right on the bus without hesitation.  



There she is peering out the window-- our little kindergartner!  

Now, just 25 days until Audrey has her first day of Preschool!  

No comments: