'When Audrey decided to climb fall out of her crib, I knew she was ready to move up into a "big girl" bed. Not sure if it's Audrey's personality, or just being the 2nd child in general, but Audrey had no fears with sleeping "cage free."
With Alice (can't believe she was that small in this picture!), I fretted over this for weeks. Possibly because I knew she wasn't exactly ready (probably would've stayed in her crib until 3!), but rather we had to move her because baby sister was on her way (not that she had any trouble transitioning).
We kept the crib up the 1st night just in case Audrey wasn't going to cooperate. She did make one comment about going into her crib, but once we put up the safety rails, she was good to go!
I ordered matching beds and new bedding for the girls. We've had the paint for a while now and waiting to find make the time to paint. The girls room was a shared boys' bedroom before. The "A" happened to match so it's staying up . . . just until we paint. I will post pics of the finished bedroom when we are finally able to get it painted and fully decorated.
Alice couldn't stand all the attention being on Audrey, so we had to make sure we got a picture of her in her new bed as well :) I eavesdropped a bit on their conversation that night. It went something like this:
Alice: "Pickle, do you want to get out of your big girl bed? You can get out of your big girl bed like me. . . see!"
Audrey: "Yeah!"
Alice: "Pickle, come over here to my bed. You can get out of your bed now!"
Audrey: "Okay! I commin'"
Me: "Girls!!!" Get to bed!"
Audrey, mischievous???
Only when no one is looking!

No comments:
Post a Comment