Yesterday was a great day. I've been training for 3 months for my the first mini marathon since having babies. This was too the first mini I trained to meet a time goal, rather than the goal to simply finish :)
I enjoyed the monumental half. Great course, through old Meridan and around the Monument Circle. Lots of people cheering you on along the way and holding signs to motivate the runners. The weather was a bit chilly to start, but warmed up quickly after a few miles. I felt good, my feet hurt and my legs were tired, but my breath was good. We started out faster than usual, and kept the up the pace finishing in 1:53. That's cutting over a minute off my usual pace, and 10 minutes off my PR (that I set back in college).
We sure look tough don't we??
Alice, Audrey, Nana, Papa, and Brian Brock were there to cheer us on! Alice made up an adorable little cheer to help me "run fast!" It even ended with a kick (takes after her mommy):)
Afterward we continued out "Tara & Cara Day" heading to the nail salon for a mani/pedi, grabbed some lunch, then to a Tai stretching & foot massage (which was amazing!), and ended with Andy and Brian (mostly Brian) making us dinner! We were pampered after our big run and loved every minute of it!
Today I am VERY sore and hurting and happy to report that I can take a break from running (at least for a little bit!)



No comments:
Post a Comment