I've always dreaded this. . . the night I would be stripping sheets, holding the "sick bucket" and dealing with the FLU. We've been very lucky. Alice has only had one short spell of the flu last year, and fortunately (unfortunately for Carrie!) it wasn't under my watch.
So Friday night, Alice woke up crying. Usually, it's to fix her blanket or find Mulan when she rolls out of bed, so I was taken a bit off guard when she got sick. I actually did surprisingly well - handled myself as the adreneline kicked in :) Needless to say, it was a long night, but the trade-off is a snuggly, sweet child the next day. Our conversation the next morning went something like this. . .
Me: "Alice you were a very brave last night. You had a rough night."
Alice: "I know Mommy. I waited patiently until all the sickies come out."
We spent the next day watching movie (Rio twice!) and snuggling. Alice saying, "Mommy, you want to snuggle with me?" And, we even broke down and let Alice have a "sleepover" in our bed. The best is when she tosses in the middle of the night, wakes up, and slowly strokes my face, the kisses me on the cheek. It's too cute how she mimics us adults.
Of course, the next night, I was anticipating a repeat with Audrey, but so far so good! Audry is her usually sweet and stubborn self!
Here's to hoping this is the only visit from the flu bug this year!

No comments:
Post a Comment