Thursday, September 8, 2011

And So It Begins. . .

Last year, the whole concept of dress up really consumed Alice.  For Halloween, Alice first was going to be a princess fairy, followed by Tinkerbell, then made a last minute costume change the week of Halloween deciding Cecilia's Snow White costume was the #1 pick for 2010 Trick-or-Treating.  


Let's just say since then she's become a bit obsessed with costumes.

She wore a costume practically everyday until about Thanksgiving (grocery, daycare, you get the idea), then we settled on "You can only bring your costume to Carrie's /Nana & Papa's/Grammy's house, etc".  That lasted until about March, and we've now been simply playing dress-up whenever the mood strikes (which isn't every day - all day long).  

That is, until Alice spotted the Halloween edition of Potterybarn Kids Magazine in which she immediately picked out an $80.00 butterfly costume. . . not likely that was going to fly for a 3 1/2 year old. 

We immediately began talking about what she wanted to be for Halloween.  We went on a costume hunt scanning options online, and Alice contemplated Sleeping Beauty, Barbie, a Butterfly, Rapunzel, and then spotted. . . . 

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!
She has starting watching this show through our Netflix subscription and loves it.  I must say I was too a Strawberry Shortcake fan, having had my own collection of strawberry scented dolls and makeup, so I was fully supportive of this choice :)

Of course, online didn't have her size, had to pay shipping, etc, so we went to Target today to check out the options (Yes, it is only the beginning of September).

Well, it was there, and Alice was beyond thrilled.  


 
Now, we are fully back into the costume wearing mode and I'm hoping we will not be facing the battle of wearing this costume to preschool, ballet, and the grocery store :)

I must admit, she is darling in this!  

Now, for Audrey. . . Andy is insisting they wear matching Elvis costumes.  That poor girl.  Somebody please remind him she is not the boy he's always wanted and talk some sense into him!  


Although, it may end up being cute on her. . . What do you think?

1 comment:

Tommie Kingsley & Brandie Kopsas-Kingsley said...

I vote yes for Elvis Pickle. This has to happen.

Uncle Tommie and Aunt Brandie