Nearly 6 years of deadlines, papers, exams, and of course the nerve-wrecking dissertation, all hurdles I felt at times were impossible to jump. I’m not sure what exactly inspired me to begin this journey, many thought I was loosing my mind (and perhaps I was), but now that it’s done, I feel just so . . . happy.
I graduated.
I walked across the stage, stood in front of my family and the newly graduated, and went through the hooding ceremony.
I’m at a crossroads, and life is coming into place. This year I will be an assistant professor at Ball State University teaching four online courses. My school corporation approved a one-year career exploration leave for me to try my hand at higher education. Although I know this is the path I’m meant to take, it’s very bittersweet. It’s tough to think about packing up my classroom, next year’s students who have already been assigned to “Mrs. Kingsley’s” homeroom, and not seeing my SCI friends on a daily basis. What a blessing to know I have my teaching job to return to if the classroom is where I’m meant to be.
But this year, I will set my own schedule (revolving around new found time with my girls), be able to take Alice to preschool, give Andy back his weekends, and that makes me . . . happy.
I graduated.
Now, Andy and I leave tomorrow for Vegas to celebrate with my brother and sister-in-law. And again, I just feel so HAPPY!
I GRADUATED!












1 comment:
Congrats again! You look amazing in these pictures! :) Have a great time in Vegas!
Post a Comment